Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Review: Monea Curl Defining Milk Hair Lotion

I have curly to wavy hair and taming it is very hard specially I live in a humid area. I wanted to perm my hair for large curls, then straighten from the top to midway, however I didn't to damage my hair. So I browsed the internet for some natural ways to curl my hair, and I found this Monea Curl Defining Milk. At first, I wasn't interested because I thought that I won't be able to find these here in Baguio City. But one random day while I was idling in Watsons, I saw these and was really surprised. So I did more research, and finally opted to try one. This bottle (200 mL) costs P99 only!

According to the label:
Curl Defining Milk is especially formulated with Polyvinylpyrrolidone to help form and accentuate curls. It provides natural control with a touachable feel, creating frizz-free, shiny and moisturized curls without stiffness. It gives awesome definition and bounce to curly or wavy hair. With Almond milk that leaves hair silk smooth and manageable; with Lanolin Oil that prevents hair from environmental or everyday styling damage, without stiffness and stickiness.
Directions:
Apply to wet or damp hair from roots to ends and scrunch to shape curls. Concentrate on lengths and ends to prevent frizzing. Apply lightly and evenly for more control and definition. Use wide tooth comb or fingers to style. Dry hair naturally, Do not use a blow dryer. Ideal for curly, wavy, or permed hair.

When I first used the product, I was so overwhelmed that I applied too much on the ends. Which was wrong, because my hair ended with too much volume that it stayed straight (haha, true) the whole day. In contrast to what it said, it is actually sticky/greasy and after I applied it I have to wash my hands. Even after the product has dried on my hair, it feels sticky whenever I touch my hair.

But it does prevent frizz and buhaghag, however my hair tends to be straight rather than curl. So what I do is do a messy bun after I applied the product, and then untie it after two hours. I love the effect, big and bouncy curls. My hair is also shiny and thicker.



Tip: Apple a small amount (size of a one peso coin) on your hand, then starting from the roots of your hair apply it downward. Apply it per section, not all at once. Also, you don't need to apply too much, just distribute it on your hair thoroughly. 

I also don't wash my hair one or two days after I've applied the product. Unless you went in a smelly/air-polluted place or sweat throughout the day then you have to wash it. The product will stay after days and it smells good. The curls will also stay.

So, there it is. I recommed Monea Curl Defining Milk Hair Lotion, especially if you don't want chemical hair treatments. It will take time for those curls to be 'enhanced', but you will feel great after you've achieved them in time. Plus, it's cheap and safe.

4 comments:

  1. Finally, a much closer (geographicaly speaking) blogger. :) meron pala neto sa Baguio. Ano pa pp yong other products na natry niyo for your hair?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pde po ba mag curling iron pag naglagay neto sa hair?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello! ask lang ako if this is for everyday use? ang sakin kasi everyday ko sya ginagamit, hindi akos sure if that's good or bad

    ReplyDelete